Feeding the bull terrier at home
Bull terrier feeding - a responsible question. It must be solved before the puppy appears in your house.
In the photo: bull terrier puppy
The dog’s food system is different from the human one, therefore feeding the bull terrier with waste from the table is not the best choice. You can feed the bull terrier with dry food or "natural", the choice is only yours.
The general rules for feeding dogs are also true for the bull terrier, however, there are some features in feeding the bull terrier:
1. When choosing dry food, consider the lifestyle of your pet ("sofa" or exhibition), mobility (calm homebody or active athlete), age. It is better to stay on a premium or super premium feed. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the packaging.
2. If you decide to feed the bull terrier "naturalka", you must correctly calculate the daily need for food.
|Bull Terrier Weight||Daily food requirement||Volume of food for bull terrier|
|20 kg||2 - 3% of the dog's weight||400 - 600 gr|
|30 kg||600 - 900 gr|
However, keep in mind that everything is individual. Take into account the activity of the dog, lifestyle, age, fatness. For example, if the bull terrier began to lose weight or get fat, respectively, increase or decrease the portion.
3. The amount of meat (stiff beef (not tenderloin), chicken or turkey) should be at least 70% of the diet of the bull terrier. That is, if your pet eats 900 grams of food per day, he needs 630 grams of meat. It is recommended to give meat raw.Do not cut it into small pieces.
4. By-products (scar, lungs, heart, kidneys) are required (2–3 times a week) instead of meat, but their quantity should be 1.5–2 times more than meat. Offal is given raw but peeled. You can scald them with boiling water and leave them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Bull terriers are prone to obesity, so do not overfeed them.
6. Bull terriers quite often suffer from food allergies. Therefore, new products are introduced very carefully and gradually. Be sure to monitor the condition of the dog. If an allergy does appear, take out suspicious foods from the diet in order to identify the allergen. Sometimes the best option is to transfer the bull terrier to hypoallergenic dry food.
Prohibited Products for Dogs